When our Deadlands game wound up, I asked the players what they wanted next. A discussion with my better half, ok really she’s the better 7/8ths of this pair, but I digress, lead to the idea that we would do shorter more defined campaigns rather than the monolithic unending campaign with which we’re all so familiar. The group decided on a Bladerunner-esque Cyberpunk game and to continue with Savage Worlds as our game system.
Session 0 yielded the following:
- Bladerunner-esque with sort of a noir feel.
- Cybernetics are a real thing and not uncommon though some people have a negative reaction.
- Pit fighting gladiatorial arenas are the biggest spectator sport.
- Replicants exist but are negatively thought of.
- Clones exist, but cloning humans is technically illegal.
The resulting characters turned out to be the pretty typical net running group:
- Drone Jockey
- Street Samurai
- Hunter Killer
- Childlike Replicant with a doll fetish
The attached mp3 is session 1 of the campaign in its unedited (who has time for editing) raw form which I prefer because it gives more of the impression of the game play (including distractions and unassociated sounds).
Hope you enjoy,